Is geographic tongue a tongue that moves around a lot? What is geographic tongue? It is a map like appearance that forms on the tongue but it is definitely a disease. The patterns will form on the top of the surface of the tongue and on the sides of the tongue. It can invade other parts of the mouth as well too. The good thing about geographic tongue (there is a good thing about it?) is that it is a harmless benign condition that is not related to cancer or any other harmful disease. It is not associated with any infection either. The symptoms of geographic tongue are:
- It will have a white or light-colored border.
- Different sizes, colors, and shapes.
- Come and go and change very quickly in days, weeks, and months.
- Appears one place on the tongue then moves to another place on the tongue.
- Geographic tongue could last for one year.