Now it is claimed that there is body washes to help fight acne. This powerful body wash would have to be able to treatacne all over the body. Acne can show up anywhere. But it is embarrassing enough when it covers your face or you have one ig red mountain on the tip of your nose. Body washes areclaimed to be able tontherspeutically helpntorid the body of acne. But what must be found in a vodywash thatwoild make it effective in deleting acne fromthe body? What differentiates a great body wash from a mediocre body wash? Do you have to pay a half month’s salary to buy a good body wash? Or ate the more reasonably priced ones just as good? Let’s investigate the top body washes.
We know that body acne is an embarrassing thing to have and most of the body acne is due to clogged pores or excess oil buildup and bacteria. You need to find a good body cleansing agent and this is where the following list will come in handy. But before we get to the list a good body wash is all you need to treat body acne if that acne is not caused by hormonal or other underlying issues.
Acne driven body washes have to contain specialized ingredients to effectively treat acne. These body washes must contain active ingredients that will combat acne bacteria (acne) and of course reduce inflammation. You cannot just walk into a store or go online and just pick any body wash off the shelf or order it online. You must buy one with very specific acne killing ingredients.
“Salicylic acids contains antimicrobial properties which can treat many skin ailments including disorders. Various studies have proven its capability of treating bacteria.”
“One of its major advantage is the ability of exfoliating the impurities, dead skin cells and excess oil from the skin pores. Apart from that it also contains anti-inflammatory properties,”
People with sensitive skin need to be careful using products with salicylic acid because this acid can cause skin irritation. Remember it is an acid.
“Benzoyl peroxide contains antibacterial properties which are considered to be highly effective in dealing with acne causing bacteria. Several scientific researches have confirmed its capability in killing bacteria and reducing inflammation.”
This ingredient is very effective in treating acne but if you have dry skin don’t use it. It will leave the skin dry after topical use.
It has been proven through research that tea tree oil contains powerful antibacterial properties that will kill pacne. It was discovered in the following excerpt from a study that the tree essential oil is effective in killing acne.
“In a study conducted on a group of people, some of them were treated with 5% tea tree oil solution and others with 5% benzoyl peroxide. Both showed successful result in reducing acne lesions. However, benzoyl peroxide was more effective than tea tree oil.”
One of the most important things to look for in a super acne body wash is its exfoliating (wash or rub (a part of the body) with a granular substance to remove dead cells from the surface of the skin.) abilities. So, look out for alpha hydroxyl acids like glycolic and lactic acid or beta hydroxyl acid like salicylic acid which are best known their exfoliating capabilities. They will definitely unclog the pores. Again Depending On your skin type you may or may not be able to use the above mentioned ingredients. For instance, people with sensitive skin will find these acids will dry out their skin and make it very irritated. People with normal, oily and combination skin can avail its benefits.
Watch that Skin Type
For dry and sensitive skin type: products containing salicylic and benzoyl peroxide can make the skin too dry and irritated.
Normal or Oily Skin: Products contains both salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide are effective and safe to use without irritating side effects.
The Actual Body Washes
If you want to kill the acne once and for all then your choice is PanOxyl Acne Foaming Wash because it contains one of the highest levels of Benzoyl peroxide you can get without a prescription. Watch out because of the high levels of Benzoyl Peroxide start out using it one a day gradually you can work up to two to three times a day. It just dries out and irritates the skin extensively. So, go easy until you get used to it. If you continue to experience dry and irritated skin you better stop using this product, The 10% Benzoyl Peroxide it contains may be irritating your skin too much.
Do not use this product with other acne treatments the effects could be very painful.
- It has highest strength Benzoyl peroxide (active acne fighting ingredient)
- It contains dermatologically approved ingredients
- Visible results of treating acne and clear skin within few weeks
- Exfoliates dirt, oils and impurities on the skin
- Doesn’t come with a pump
- Dries out the skin. However, this can be resolved by applying an oil-free moisturizer
- Has bleaching effect on clothes
- Not for extremely sensitive skin
Actual User Reviews
- For men who got acne from friction and sweat caused by aggressive workouts, this product is perfect. They applied it while showering, left application for 2 minutes before rinsing out. It helped to treat acne in few weeks.
- For some people, it kept the new breakouts under control
- Due to high amount of benzoyl peroxide, it was capable of treating even bad and aggressive acne, whiteheads and blackheads.
- It dried out the skin so users recommended application of moisturizer after rinsing out the body wash
This cleanser helps to fight off the stubborn fungus (any of a group of unicellular, multicellular, or syncytial spore-producing organisms feeding on organic matter, including molds, yeast, mushrooms, and toadstools.), bacteria or yeast that cause acne. Kill these agents and your acne problems are over. This 100 percent natural plant-based body wash is made from traditional European techniques and natural ingredients that are bountiful in skin conditioning omega 3, 6, 7 and 9 essential fatty acids.
Don’t use this product with other acne treatments, lotions and creams that active acne fighting ingredients.
- Its concentrated liquid solution and rich foaming action states that a little goes a long way
- The product is 100% vegan, paraben free, petroleum free, sulfate, gluten, phthalate, preservative, synthetic fragrance and chemical detergent free
- Contains tea Tree Oil and antibacterial extracts like neem oil
- Gentle on skin
- Very concentrated and foams easily
- The one thing we didn’t like is it doesn’t come with a pump
- The liquid is too runny
Actual User Reviews
- Within a span of 2 – 3 weeks, some users achieved improvement in treating acne. Some people even cleared acne completely.
- Most of the people loved the smell, of course it’s due to the menthol present in it. However, a user has also warned about keeping it away from eyes and genital areas. Though it doesn’t cause any harm, it may be a little uncomfortable for a small amount of time due to tingling sensation caused by menthol.
- It doesn’t completely dry out soap but it does have a little dry effect on skin. It can resolved by applying a small amount of oil-free moisturizer after shower.
- As per few users, it has kept new breakouts at bay and lightened post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
The main ingredients in this powerhouse body wash are glycolic acid, salicylic acid, date seed powder and green tea extract and licorice extract. The combination of the salicylic acid and glycolic acid will deeply penetrate the pores. The date seed powder exfoliates the dead skin and impurities. The green tea and licorice extract soothe the irritated skin. This three-prong attack will clean the pores, eliminate acne breakouts, and soothe irritated skin. The humectants in them maintain skin hydration levels and prevent loss of moisture.
- Continuous usage of it can eliminate severe acne.
- Cleanses and moisturizes
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Dermatologist developed solution
- Forms less lather when compared to other products.
- A bit pricey
Actual User Reviews
- A user started getting acne when he hit the gym and gaining more muscle mass, and Murad has helped him keep the acne breakouts from severe to very low.
- As per a user, Murad was gently enough to use on his most sensitive skin and keep acne at bay which was caused by summer sweat.
- For a user, Murad didn’t cause any irritation and provided a smooth texture to his skin
- A user was using Murad for 6 months, so far he had positive and perfect results from it. He was very pleased with its pleasant scent and light beaded texture.
Again beware that benzoyl peroxide will dry out the skin and if your skin type is not the right kind to use it then don’t use it. If you have problems with major cystic acne, major outbreaks of
black/whiteheads then you should use this product right away. It contains 10% benzoyl peroxide which is an effective active acne fighting ingredient. The manufacturer advises to test it on a small patch of affected skin for 2 or 3 days to see if there is any allergic reactions. If not then start using it all over the body. For some people in the beginning it may cause additional acne but this will improve over time. The benzoyl peroxide can dry out the skin so after rinsing this product off it is advised to apply a oil-free moisturizer.
- This product doesn’t contain parabens, SLS, added fragrance. Has highest EWG (Environmental Working Group) safety rating of one
- It is not tested on animals
- Maximum strength benzoyl peroxide (10%)
- Smooth lotion, absorbs quickly
- Comes with 100% hassle-free guarantee. If you are unhappy for any reason, you can contact the manufacturer directly
- Can be a harsh for sensitive skin
- Can dry out the skin so it should be followed by moisturizer
- Not suitable for all skin types so it is better to patch test as was advised above
Actual User reviews
- People with oily skin and acne achieved fantastic results after using this product continuously for few weeks.
- For some users, regular usage of 1 month has treated adult/cystic acne and prevents new breakouts.
- For a user, it helped to clear bad pregnancy acne.
- As a user Sherrie B. Johnson on amazon, after first use it reduced redness and after a week of regular application, she has observed 90% improvement in reducing acne.
- It worked to treat hormonal acne during teen years.
Just Natural Acne Body Wash
The name is straight and to the point. This product is formulated with non-medicated ingredients such as aloe vera, foraha, karanja and sea buckthorn. This formulation is capable of treating blemishes in a soothing and gentle way. Aloe Vera will soothe inflamed and dry skin. Foraha, karanja, sea buckthorn will battle with the bacteria causing the acne. They will eventually kill the bacteria. It also contains Nutritive Tea Tree Oil, Manuka essential oil, vitamin B5, and rice protein which increase the effectiveness of this product.
It doesn’t contain any harsh ingredients so it will not dry out or irritate the skin. Regular application of this product will kill the acne and it will leave the skin radiant, healthy looking, and shiny.
- Doesn’t contain harsh chemicals like paraben, and SLS
- It is completely vegan and cruelty free
- Very gentle and safe for even sensitive skin
- A little goes a long way
- Not effective or safe if you are allergic to any essential oil
Actual User Reviews
- Noticed a difference after few weeks and observed no new eruptions. The user was thrilled to see the improvement.
- Worked perfectly well in treating adult horrible acne when no other product was working for some user.
- People could notice a difference in 1 – 2 weeks of regular application.
- A teenager was happy to get clear skin on various parts of body. She is excited to wear swim wear this summer without embarrassing about her skin condition.
- Some people not only noticed difference in acne but also lightened scars.
The major active acne fighting ingredient in this product is salicylic acid which will give an effective deep cleaning and eliminates sebum and other pore clogging impurities. The product contains 2 percent salicylic acid which will specifically fight acne on the back, shoulders, legs and arms.
Proactive also contains micro beads which are perfect for scrubbing and exfoliating the skin. If You use this product on a regular basis you will notice a reduction in acne breakouts and your current acne will disappear.
- Specially formulated with 2% salicylic acid
- Treats existing acne lesions and prevents new acne breakouts
- Smells great
- Not suitable for extra sensitive skin
- It may dry out the skin
Actual User Reviews
- As per a user review, it may take a little time but it is very helpful in clearing out the acne and leaves the skin soft and glowing.
- As per user Bears Blow, proactive has successfully cleared the acne breakouts and prevented them from recurring. He has been using it for years and continues to do so.
- As per user Deb, the product worked faster in clearing up the acne within few weeks of time. After using proactiv, he observed fewer acne breakouts on face, redness and less spots on the back and shoulders. He recommends this product for anyone who experiences a massive acne breakouts.
This product contains top of the line oil reduction and acne fighting ingredients such as tiny jojoba beads, 1% salicylic acid, 1% glycolic acid, jojoba oil and Cinnamon Bark Extract.
Jojoba beads contained in this product gently scrub off the dead skin and leaves it acne free. Salicylic acid and glycolic acid are formidable acne fighters. Allantoin helps to soothe and calm the inflammatory on the skin. Being a sepicontrol it will regulate sebum production which will keep the pores clean and the acne from developing on the skin. Supposedly, it stimulates new cell growth. This may not be a valid benefit. There is no clinical support for this benefit.
- Very gentle on skin, so it is perfect for even sensitive skin
- Can be followed by any acne spot treatments
- Exfoliates pores deeply which helps to prevent new acne breakouts
- Smells great
- A little expensive
- Dries out the skin so it is better to use moisturizer
- Can cause skin irritation
Actual User Reviews
- For a user, regular use of this product has helped to clear horrible and stubborn acne with 2 weeks. Due to its drying nature, he followed it by an oil-free moisturizer.
- For some users, this product has shown visible reduction in redness and inflammation.
- For a user who has been battling cystic acne since 20 years, it has shown visible improvement and clear skin with regular usage.
- For some users, apart from treating acne they felt refreshing skin and even skin tone.
Here we have shared with you some powerful acne fighting body washes you can choose from to kill acne anywhere on your body. Choose the correct one according to your skin type and the one that will be most effective for you.