Let me ask you a question. What does not cause acne these days? The big debate centers around whether phentermine will cause massive acne breakout or not. Phentermine is basically a white powerized crystalise to treat obesity in patients suffering from this condition. It dissolves in water and alcohol. It works in the central nervous system. It is said this drug is the most used to lose weight in the world. It has been on the scene since 1959 and it is as popular as ever. Know how a weight loss drug can cause acne is the question of the hour.
Essential oils have been used therapeutically for thousands of years. They are extracted from the roots, flowers, leaves, stems, and bark of plants by steam distillation and they give plants their unique aroma as well as providing protection from predators and disease. Ancient cultures used essential oils in perfumes, cosmetics, medicines, and in spiritual healing rituals, and it seems like they were onto something.
But it’s not only plants that oils can benefit. They can benefit us too. Here are some easy ways that they can be used:
- They can be used in massage when diluted with a carrier oil
- They can be inhaled from a handkerchief, from the bottle, put in a diffuser or into a spray bottle.
- They can be added to bathwater for a relaxing aromatherapy treat
- Add them to your favourite body lotion to gain health benefits
- Apply them to a hot or cold compress to treat joint pain and headaches