No one likes to walk around with blotches of acne on their face. It draws attention to them and not the kind of attention we want. People look at the acne and point and stare. But for those of us who suger from severe acne problems their is hope for us. There are answers out here to help us clear our faces of acne. Look at the picture directly above she found a treatment that cleared up her acne. We will investigate the best face washes for acne.
- 0.1 What is acne?
- 0.2 Awesome Face Washes for Acne
- 0.3 Ren Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk
- 0.4 A Low-Foam Gel Cleanser That’s Packed With Superfoods
- 0.5 This Gentle Cleansing Balm disintegrates All Traces Of Makeup Without Clogging Pores
- 0.6 A pH Balanced Foam Cleanser With BHA & Tea Tree Oil
- 0.7 No-Rinse Micellar Water For The Most Sensitive Skin
- 0.8 A Six-Ingredient Gentle Cleanser That Can Even Remove Eye Makeup
- 0.9 April Skin Magic Stone Natural Cleansing Soap + Charcoal Soap
- 0.10 A Deep Cleansing Clay That’s Perfect For Oily Skin
- 0.11 A Soothing Self-Foaming Cleanser Infused With Green Tea Leaves
- 0.12 Facial Cleanser by Exposed Skin Care
- 0.13 Murad Clarifying Cleanser
- 1 Homemade Acne Face Washes
What is acne?
The occurrence of inflamed or infected sebaceous glands in the skin; in particular, a condition characterized by red pimples on the face, prevalent chiefly among teenagers. Here is a textbook definition of acne for you. Let us not fool ourselves for anyone can get acne not just teenagers. There are a few causes for acne including hormonal changes, eating unhealthy foods, thyroid problems, and an inactive lifestyle with poor eating habits. A lot of people at some point in their lives have or will have to deal with acne. Their are some fortunate people who go their whole life without struggling with acne.
Let us start out by saying that it is a balancing act to get your face cleansed because it depends on the skin type you have. If you find the right acne face cleanser and wash your face with it properly it will help to prevent breakouts on skin that is prone to having breakouts. You will leave your skin feeling clean, smooth and glowing. Best of all you rid your skin of that unsightly acne. You want to avoid using a rough cleanser because it will tend to make the skin breakout even more than normal. You will want to use a gentle cleanser that will thoroughly clean out the pores of oil and leaves your skin moist and feeling fresh and clean.
Ren Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk
This might be a unique proposition and that is using a cleansing milk. Whoever heard of a cleansing milk but it does work. These creamy cleansers don’t foam and this will make them feel more like moisturizers. They also don’t strip the skin of necessary moisture. You don’t feel like you have been out in the sun all day and your skin will not look like or feel like alligator leather. This gentle cleansing milk is free of alcohol, sulfates, parabens, and artificial fragrances that can irritate sensitive skin. It contains omega 3 and 7 fatty acids which reduce inflammatory and enhance the skin’s barrier over time. This means the skin will become resilient to breakouts and irritations over time. Calendula and chamomile soothe inflamed skin which helps to reduce redness associated with acne.
A Low-Foam Gel Cleanser That’s Packed With Superfoods
This is unique an acne foam gel cleanser that is packed with superfoods. Is it possible to eat this gel? This particular anti-oxidant rich gel goes on thick and goopy on your fingers. It gives a bit of a slip feeling in the fingers so your hands will glide the gel right over the affected areas of your face.
This Gentle Cleansing Balm disintegrates All Traces Of Makeup Without Clogging Pores
The last thing you want if you have acne-sensitive skin is to have your pores blocked. It is a sure thing that if your pores are blocked with dirt, oils or some other foreign substances you will have an acne breakout. You want to keep those pores open and clear of any type of dirt. This balm will help you to do that very thing. If you are a heavy or just a makeup user than this balm will really help to keep the pores clean.
It being oil based will work well with oily skin or if you wear makeup. Oil does stick to oil and you may think this will cause a greater breakout. It don’t because using an oil-based face wash is one of the best things you can do for your face. This is one of the best methods known to get rid of clogged pores. It will clear out the oil and save you from a fresh breakout of acne.
The balm starts out as a lump of lard but it quickly transforms into an oil that works deep into your pores to clean them out. It massages gently into the skin and it immediately goes to dispel acne from the skin. It has a gentle formula that will not irritate sensitive=skin types plus it contains no mineral oil. It also cleanses the pores of excessive build up and sebum.(an oily secretion of the sebaceous glands.)
A pH Balanced Foam Cleanser With BHA & Tea Tree Oil
Do you see what this face wash has in it? Yes, tea tree essential oil. For skin to do its optimum job in fighting off acne it must have a pH balance of five. But beware that cleansing the skin can throw off the pH balance. But this face cleanser not only cleanses the skin from acne but it also maintains the skin’s normal pH balance. It also has an arsenal of ingredients that fight off inflammatory and acne leaving your skin looking clear and radiant. It has a mild dose of BHA (a phenolic antioxidant C11H16O2 used especially to preserve fats and oils in food) and tea tree essential oil.
No-Rinse Micellar Water For The Most Sensitive Skin
What is so special about micellar water? It is much more than just a bottle of water. This is oddly enough a hybrid between an oil-based and water-based cleansers. Micellar waters gets their name from little micelles- tiny molecules- suspended in the solution. The micelles attach themselves to sebum and makeup and the water in the solution carries everything away.
Specifically, Bioderma Sensibio, a french pharmacy favorite is free of alcohol and will not irritate already sensitive skin. To use wet some pads and sweep it over your face until the pads do not pick up anymore dirt. For most people this means 2 or 3 pads.
A Six-Ingredient Gentle Cleanser That Can Even Remove Eye Makeup
This stuff is powerful if it can remove eye makeup as well. Indie Lee Rosehip cleanser is a mega cleanser to fight acne. Remember this that the less ingredients a cleanser ha in it it the better the chance your skin will not be sensitive to it. This particular gentle cleanser from eco-friendly Indie Lee has six ingredients in its makeup. The ingredients were carefully selected to remove excessive sebum and it nourishes and hydrates dry and sensitive skin. The light rose scent comes from rosehip essential oil which is known to fade post-acne marks.
April Skin Magic Stone Natural Cleansing Soap + Charcoal Soap
So you think you have found the best acne-resistant soap? You have not until you have tried April skin magic stone natural cleansing soap. Charcoal soap is thrown into the mix as well. The long-lasting bars are made from a blend of oils and clay that deeply cleanse the skin without causing dryness and irritation. What is the point of getting rid of acne if your skin will be left dry and irritated? The manufacturer recommends cleansing with the black bar instead of the gray bar in the morning. The black bar contains a lighter cleanse while the charcoal in it draws all the dirt deeply out of the skin pores. The gray bar is designed to perform a more thorough cleanse which will remove makeup perfect for the evening.
A Deep Cleansing Clay That’s Perfect For Oily Skin
Here we have another cleanser that contains clay. Clay is one of the most natural ways you can get rid of acne with. First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser With Red Clay is just the clay cleanser for you. The cleanser soaks up oil and dirt from the pores with the red clay and various mixing agents. It does so without leaving the skin feeling tight. The formula also contains liquorice extract which fades post acne marks over time. If you have a tendency to get acne you will like this extra feature. Glycerin keeps the skin hydrated and the green tea helps to soothe redness and irritation. You cannot go wrong with this cleanser.
A Soothing Self-Foaming Cleanser Infused With Green Tea Leaves
Neogen Real Fresh Foam Green Tea Cleanser disperses a nice rich, creamy foam into your hands right out of the bottle. The creamy foam contains a variety of rich botanical ingredients including green tea. If this is not enough green tea for you there is actually green tea leaves resting at the bottom of the bottle enriching the cleanser with hydrating and brightening qualities.
Facial Cleanser by Exposed Skin Care
Exposed skincare cleanser is a very effective agent for fighting acne. It comes with 0.5% salicylic acid in combination with natural sage extracts to detoxify skin. Which is a great help in preventing acne. The toxins are eliminated and the bacteria have nothing to grow on and acne cannot develop on the skin. It also carries pro-vitamin B5 which conditions the skin and regenerates it at the cellular level. The consistency of this product is rich but it did not dry out the skin. Plenty of moisture was left in the skin after using the product. It has a soap-free formulation which means it will not lather too much. It also has non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic properties.
Murad Clarifying Cleanser
One of the key ingredients in this product is silver nitrate which is very effective in eliminating acne. Silver Nitrate is so powerful it can eliminate 99.9 percent of acne causing bacteria. It breaks down the very makeup of the bacteria and neutralizes their names. In essence it kills bacteria. The product contains potent green tea properties which have powerful antioxidant abilities. Murad Clarifying Cleanser contains encapsulated salicylic acid which is a medical treatment that actively battles acne throughout the day. This product is also free from harmful ingredients such as parabens, sulfates and phthalates. It seems to be a favorite with dermatologists.
It is said to help acne prone subjects by reduce hyperpigmentations in just 4 weeks and Murad claims this benefit has been realized by 90 percent of its customers.
Homemade Acne Face Washes
Coconut oil Face Wash
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops frankincense essential oil
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- Glass Jar
- (if acne prone, replace frankincense and lemon oils with 10 drops of tea tree essential oil)
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan over low heat
- Once melted, remove from heat and add in the remaining ingredients.
- Store in wash dispenser or air tight jar and keep it in a cool place
- Pure unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- Fresh water
- Wash your face with water and pat dry. Using a ratio of 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water, dip a cotton ball into vinegar and apply it directly to the blemish.
- Leave on for at least 10 minutes, or overnight. Reapply several times a day, washing face thoroughly after each time. Make sure to use a moisturizer afterwards as well if you feel like your skin is getting dry.
Cinnamon Acne Honey Facial Mask
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- paper towels
- Rinse your face with water and pat dry. Mix 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon together until they are thoroughly blended and have formed a sort of paste.
- Apply the mask to your face (or spot treat) and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off completely, and pat your face dry. This is a sticky mixture, so make sure you have some paper towels at on hand.
Yogurt Acne Face Wash
- 1 tablespoon plain low-fat or full-fat yogurt or milk, anything but skim
- 1 tablespoon of natural, raw, honey
- Let yogurt or milk come to room temperature (or close to) so you don’t get a chilly shock when you put it on your skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of milk or yogurt thoroughly with 1 tablespoon of honey. You can apply the mixture with a cotton pad, but scooping it up and patting it on works just fine as well.
- Let each layer dry before adding a new one, until the mask is the thickness you want. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Wash your mask off and use a washcloth to gently scrub in a circular motion, getting rid of loosened dead skin. Once you’re finished, moisturize as usual.
Egg White Acne Face Wash
- 2 to 3 egg whites, separated from yolks
- Rinse your face with water and pat dry. Separate the whites from the yolks. You can use as many as you like, but normally 2 to 3 is enough.
- Whisk the whites until they’re frothy, and let them sit for a few minutes. Cover your face with the mixture (applying with fingertips is easy) focusing on problem spots. 3 to 4 layers is usually enough, but make sure to wait the first has dried before applying more.
- Allow the mask to sit and dry for about 20 minutes before rinsing off completely with warm water and a patting dry with a soft washcloth. Apply moisturizer appropriate for your skin type.
Papaya Power Acne Face Wash
1 fresh papaya
- Rinse your face with water and pat dry. Mash up the flesh of the papaya well, until it is of a consistency that can be easily applied to your skin.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes, and then rinse off completely with warm water.
- If your skin has a tendency to get dry after you cleanse it, use a moisturizer appropriate for your skin type afterwards.
Orange Peel Acne Paste
- 2 Orange peels
- Clean, fresh water
- Rinse your face with water and pat dry. Grind/pound up your orange peels (you could use a blender, mortar and pestle, whatever gets the job done) and add a little water to create a paste. Add a little at a time, as too much will make it too thin and runny.
- Once you have the right consistency, apply it to your face and/or problem areas. Wait for 20-25 minutes. Ideally the mask should be firm, but it can still work if it isn’t.
- Rinse off completely with water, pat your face dry, and apply a good moisturize.
As we have said in the beginning of this article there are plenty of remedies out there to help you fight and eliminate acne and the marks it leaves in its aftermath. There are all kinds of treatments we have listed above to effectively help you beat acne once and for all. Remember you will not have acne for the rest of your life especially if you are a teenager. Take heart and try one of these helpful acne treatments.