Who likes having athlete’s foot? Let’s be realistic no one likes to have athlete’s foot because it burns, itches, and stinks. Needless to say it eats away at the surface of the skin around the toes.
First of all, what is tinea veriscolor? From first glance, it looks like the skin loses some of its natural pigmentation. Little ringworms form on the skin on the affected areas. Tinea versicolor is a fungal infection of the skin. It’s also called pityriasis versicolor and is caused by a type of yeast that naturally lives on your skin. When the yeast grows out of control, the skin disease, which appears as a rash, is the result. So, this yeast that naturally grows on the skin goes wild, and this tinea versicolor disease shows up
Primer hmm! It sounds like paint primer you know the kind you paint on your house before you put the real coat of paint on. So, this means when you prime your face you are really painting it. Indeed an interesting concept wouldn’t you say? Naturally, if you were going to paint your face you would want to use the best skin primers available. It will be the foundation of all what you will put on your face afterwards. It needs to be a solid and strong base. It is the element that holds everything else together. There are bad primers, not so good primers, good primers and where we are going in this article the best primers.
First on the list is lorac porefection acne face primer. (notice the emphasis on pore) This base is best used on sensitive skin and is loaded with different antioxidants of Vitamin A, C and E that is supposed to keep your makeup in place and your skin looking healthy, radiant and glowing.
- Lorac primer is an oil-free primer that guarantees that it will control the production of sebum oil that controls acne and pimples this is what the manufacturer is claiming
- It does not contain parabens (any of a group of compounds used as preservatives in pharmaceutical and cosmetic products and in the food industry.) that lead to premature aging like getting wrinkles and fine lines
- It doesn’t clog pores but minimizes them to stop acne causing bacteria from thriving
- It is loaded with salicylic acid which is a key component in stopping, treating and healing acne
- This long-lasting primer provides good complexion due to its matte finish
- It is fragrant free so it will not irritate sensitive skin
- People with dry skin should apply a moisturizer before using this product if it dries out their skin
- It is not recommended for oily skins it will the them greasy
- The pH in this formula is very high for the salicylic acid to exfoliate the skin because the level of salicylic acid s low
Skindinavia the Makeup Primer Spray
Skindinavia the makeup primer spray is temperature controlled technology that helps the skin to glow all day long. It may reduce the need for frequent touch-ups and blotting. This is ideal for oily skins or for skins having over exposure to the environment. Best used on oily skin
- The ultra-fine mist controls the face glow for up to 16 hours making it very practical for oily skins or skins who are in a professional setting and they don’t have time for touch-ups
- It contains alcohol denat that absorbs all the excess oil from the pores leaving you with fresh-looking skin all day and reducing the chances of acne breakouts
- It prevents the makeup from caking as its consistency is not creamy as it is in theform of a mist or liquid
- It is hypoallergenic so it is good for sensitive skins and it does not make them breakout
- It is lightweight on the skin making it a good fit all day long
- Dry skins may get irritated because of the alcohol denat that is a cosmetic astringent
- It contains fragrance which irritate or cause allergies to sensitive skin
- When applying it make sure it is applied evenly everywhere on the face or t will leave slight patches for this to happen spray it twice in “X” and “T” formations
BECCA Ever Matte Poreless Priming Perfector For Acne
Becca ever matte poreless priming perfector for acne provides an immediate matte effect that lasts and minimizes the appearance of pores. For use on oily or combination skin (our skin can be dry or normal in some areas and oily in others, such as the T-zone (nose, forehead, and chin). Many people have this type. It may need slightly different care in different areas.) and this formula is humidity resistant and sweat resistant.
- This becca has a dual function because it can be used as foundation and as touch up for makeup
- The consistency is water-based helping to keep the skin feeling lightweight all day
- The presence of clay-derived absorbent magnesium aluminum silicate provides everlasting matte look to the skin.
- It doesn’t clog pores so pores cannot become clogged with dirt or sweat this will divert blackheads, pimples and acne from forming on the skin
- It is fragrance free which is good for those who are allergic to fragrance or scent
- It needs to be applied by patting movements instead of rubbing method otherwise it might become flaky.
- Combination to dry skins might feel dried out and they might appear flaky and patchy.
- If after applying it is not dried properly, it might start to peel off.
Paula’s Choice SHINE STOPPER Instant Matte Finish Oil Control Acne Primer
Shine stopper instant matte primer contains an oil-absorbing formula that keeps oily skin free from the shine. This lightweight formula dries to a soft, powder-like finish that hides skin imperfections and minimizes the appearance of the pores.
- It contains the active ingredient Methyl Methacrylate which is textured enhancing oil absorbent instant matte finish that last up to six hours
- Glycerin replenishes skin and Dimethicone provides great coverage hiding all the minor imperfections that lets the makeup stay in place.
- It is suitable for sensitive skin as it is fragrance free and would not cause any irritation or allergic reactions to the acne prone skin.
- It does not clog pores and does not cake acting as a barrier for any acne-causing bacteria.
- Frequent touch ups and blotting needed throughout the day for extremely oily skins as Dimethicone is a hydrating agent and might turn your skin greasy.
- When applying, it needs to be dabbed instead of rubbed otherwise the desired matte look would not be achieved.
BareMinerals Prime Time Oil Control Face Primer
Bareminerals Prime time control face primer is loaded with antioxidants that provide nourishment for the skin. It greatly extends the wear of your foundation giving fresh, healthy skin for a longer period of time. As the name says it particularly controls the shine on the face and maintains a matte finish at the same time. For use on oily skin.
- This mineral primer combats rough patches and flaky dryness inducing hydration to maximize the effect of the foundation due to the presence of silica gel (silicon dioxide).
- The acrylates present in this formula act as an adsorbent which controls excess oil and reduces the building of sebum in the pores.
- It does not block pores so no bacteria are trapped in the outer layer of skin minimizing the blemishes and pesky pimples.
- This formula is fragrance free and gentle for the skin and does not lead to irritation or sensitivity.
- It nourishes skin with antioxidants such as Vitamin A, C, E and different plant extracts.
- Works beautifully on slightly oily skins but those with very oily skin may see only one or two hours of shine free skin.
- If a bigger blot of the primer is applied it might feel sticky and gross. The quantity applied matters the most, half a pump only.
- If your skin is dried and you apply this primer, it will flake off quickly in no time.
Benefit Cosmetics POREfessional Primer for Acne
Benefit cosmetics porefessional primer for acne is specifically designed to minimize the appearance of pores. Ths lead to a smoother and silkier skin which leads to which is perfect for ,makeup to stay in place. Generally, this formula complements all skin tones as it is specified to be reducing the appearance of pores. Use on oily skin.
- It quickly minimizes wrinkles, fine lines and pores which help in the de-accumulation of dirt and bacteria in the pores reducing the chance of breakouts.
- It is silky, lightweight formula that can be applied two ways i.e. under and over makeup.
- It is a non-comedogenic product and does not let oil build up on the skin and stops sebum production.
- It contains a Vitamin E derivative, silicone blends and film-forming agents that are known to protect skin from free radicals.
- It contains strong fragrance and hence it is not suitable for sensitive skins or skins that are allergic to perfume.
- Dry skins must moisturize before applying this primer as it might get cakey otherwise.
- It is a bit expensive and a bit overrated for its tendency to hide pores completely.
Hourglass Cosmetics Veil Mineral Primer
Hourglass Cosmetics Veil Mineral Primer may prepare the skin for the best makeup application along with protecting, hydrating, and nourishing the skin. Hourglass primer is the only product on the list that provides sunscreen protection. This is a nice little added bonus. For use on oily skin.
- It is a lightweight formula with SPF 15 that glides on scars and makes the application easy on an acne prone skin.
- Zinc Oxide is the main component of this primer which is a moisturizing agent and protects skin from sun damage.
- Titanium dioxide is a whitening, lubricating and sunscreen ingredient used in cosmetics the way it does for this primer helping the skin is glowing while protecting it from UVA and UVB damage.
- It is free from oil and parabens that may otherwise cause the clogging of the pores resulting in acne-causing bacteria thriving on the skin.
- It does not contain fragrance and is suitable for sensitive skins.
- It is a bit too high in price according to the quantity. This could hurt sales for the product.
- Dry skins are recommended to avoid this primer as it contains drying agents and might cause break outs.
- The darker skin tones might get a ‘slight’ powdery white cast if not applied properly.
Too Faced Cosmetics Primed and Poreless
Too faced Cosmetics Primed and Poreless is formulated to wear under bronzers foundation or alone does an effective job in temporarily hiding all the wrinkles and fine lines. Primed and poreless also covers up skin pores remarkably. And it provides a great canvass so makeup glides on effortlessly and it stays on. Use on oily skin
- It virtually minimizes pores to protect the skin from building up excess oil and bacteria causing acne.
- It hides imperfections including patches, fine lines, spotty and rough skin increasing and improving the skin complexion.
- It comprises of Mulberry extracts and arctostaphylos UVA URSI that protects and brightens the skin making it suitable for long-time wearing.
- Retinyl Palmitate and Cyclodextrin are the hydrating agents that restore skin moisture and provide the skin with collagen elastin proteins to maintain its elasticity.
- It contains many antioxidants that revitalize the skin and makes it firm including Camellia Oil and Vitamin A essence.
- t contains Ivy Extract that can be irritating to the sensitive skins.
- It is not intended for dry skins as it might dry them more causing breakouts.
- Oily skins might feel the need for a touch up every hour or so and re-applying will cause the layers to accumulate in patches.
COVER FX Mattifying Primer
Cover fx mattifying Primer is a water-resistant gel primer that helps keep the skin matte, minimizes the pores, and heals acne effectively. It also facilitates the blending of foundation and extends the life of your makeup hiding any acne blemishes. Best used for combination skin.
- COVER FX primer contains Willow bark extracts that naturally contains Salicylic acid, a main component in healing acne and the active ingredient t of this primer.
- Salicylic Acid treats the larger pores and restricts oil or sebum from blocking them hence reducing the chances of breakouts.
- This water-based primer has a pH value of 4.1 which means that the Salicylic Acid will be able to function as an exfoliator which is an extra benefit that other primers do not provide.
- It contains anti-oxidants such as Vitamin C, E and F that protect and soothe the skin while treating premature anti-aging.
- It contains African Tree Bark Extract that is derived from chamomile plant which is believed to reduce redness and inflammation that might have been caused due to the pesky pimples.
- This primer has been formulated without the use of Parabens, Sulfates and Phthalates.
- It contains fragrant Citrus fruits extracts that possess slight risk of irritation to the sensitive skins.
- Since, this product is not primarily intended for shine control, it would not absorb oil for more than an hour so it is not a good choice for extremely oily skins.
BareMinerals Original Prime Time Foundation Primer
Bareminerals original prime time foundation primer s a preservative-free formula designed to make your skin silky and smooth throughout the day. It makes the application of foundation easier and lets the makeup stay in place.
- bareMinerals Primer is formulated without preservatives and irritants which makes it suitable for sensitive skins as well.
- Its active ingredient is Cyclopentasiloxane i.e. is a skin conditioning agent and hides all imperfections including rough patches, flaky dryness and uneven texture.
- Cyclopentasiloxane is also believed to boost collagen and elastin (skin proteins) that help maintain the elasticity of the skin.
- It also contains Dimethicone, which is an absorbent and removes any excess sebum and oil from the skin providing you a sheer matte look.
- Only a small quantity (small pump) is needed to layer up.
- It contains fragrant Citrus fruits extracts that pose slight risk of irritation to the sensitive skins.
- Since, this product is not primarily intended for shine control, it would not absorb oil for more than an hour so it is not a good choice for extremely oily skins.
Clinique Super Universal Face Primer
Clinique Super Universal Face Primer for casual wear makes the face an ideal canvas. So go ahead and paint away. It makes the foundation stay in place and the makeup applies smoothly and it stays true. This is because the primer is color-correcting to the tone of your skin. For use on oily to combination skin.
- It contains Dimethicone and Cyclopentasiloxane as active ingredients, former one is an absorbent and the latter one is a skin conditioning agent that makes it completely suitable for all skin types.
- Clinique Face Primer is colorless thin liquid that eliminates wrinkles and fine lines. Unlike other primers, it has a very thin texture that makes the skin look smooth.
- It has an entirely different formula as compared to other Super-primers because it has a broad range of antioxidants to maintain the elasticity of the skin.
- It nicely blurs the pores without clogging them maintaining skin hygiene and to reduce the chances of bacteria resting inside them, eradicating chances of acne.
- It is hypoallergenic and fragrance free which makes it completely suitable for sensitive skins.
- Very dry skins would not find any benefit as it will not have a noticeable effect due to its thinner consistency.
- It is not a long-wearing primer and would not last longer than two hours. This is a very short wearing primer. It may not be worth the cost.
This is the end of the discussion on the best primer for acne prone skin. You will now be better informed as to which primer will work best for your peculiar skin type.
Antibacterial (active against bacteria.) is on so many labels and products this day. How do you really know something is antibacterial? Do you just take the manufacturer’s word for it? No, most likely you will research the contents on the product label and actually research the product online. There really are rela antibacterial products on the market today. These true products really do fight bacteria and kill this bacteria before they can wreak any damage in the body. The real antibacterial products will kill bacteria on contact. This is what we will be covering in this segment the best of the best antibacterial soaps and body washes. Many of these products have received good feedback from consumers and they are reasonably priced. They clean the body easily and pretty thoroughly.
Our recommended Antibacterial Soaps and Body Washes:
Having tea tree, eucalyptus and peppermint essential oils in this wash has to make it a good product. This is said to be one of the best antibacterial washes you will find on the internet. It has strong, natural antiseptic, anti-germ, and anti-fungal properties. If there is any doubt in your mind about the quality of this product check out customer feedback on it. People that love sports, athletes, gym enthusiasts and those with a physical job use this body wash to get all the filth and germs off. The people gave positive feedback on 5his item and it leaves the skin feeling smooth and clean after using it.
- All ingredients meet Art Naturals’ 100 percent natural standards. Paraben (any of a group of compounds used as preservatives in pharmaceutical and cosmetic products and in the food industry.) free and cruelty free! Not sure what cruelty free means
- Aloe vera extract, jojoba, coconut and other oils soften and moisturize skin while leaving no filmy residue.
- Powerful but gentle combination of tea tree, eucalyptus, oregano, peppermint and other oils is suitable for all skin types.
- Ideal for active lifestyles and can be safely used by adults, teens and children older than age 3 alike.
- Stimulates, soothes, deodorizes and heals with its natural antiseptic, anti-germ, and anti-fungal properties.
If this product is true to this claim, that it treats and washes away athlete’s foot then it is worth its weight in gold. This product seems to have powerful antifungal properties if it is able to treat and wash away athlete’s feet. This is no small feat as this fungus gets into the skin and starts eating it away. You are taking a good step forward wanting your body to be clean. These products would look appealing in any surrounding.
- Combats Existing Infections Such as Athlete’s Foot – Tinea Versicolor – Nail Fungus – Ringworm – Jock Itch – Smelly Feet & Body Acne
- Washes Harmful Fungi, Bacteria and Microbes From the Skin’s Surface
- Infused With Tea Tree oil & Four Additional Essential Oils Proven to Kill Fungus and Bacteria – NO Parabens(Parabebns defined above) Enriched with Powerful Broad Spectrum Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils and Skin Healing Botanicals
This is said to be one of the best antifungal foot and body washes on the market today. It may take some time to get se to it but the adjusting process is not too bad. The price is right and this product is very effective in cleaning the feet and the body. It is hard to find a foot product that will clean the feet extensively but this product does the job. The price is reasonable.
- Your skin will be fully cleansed and bacteria free.
- Our antifungal body wash is proudly made with all natural products
- Your solution to feet ailments has finally arrived!
- This body wash is full of antimicrobial and antifungal properties, enabling it to battle foul foot odor, athlete’s foot, and more.
This particular antibacterial soap is supposed to be very effective. There were many positive reviews of this soap. There are more expensive products (like this one) out there but why spend the money when this one costs less and works just as well.
- NO Preservatives, Thickeners, Detergents, Petroleum, Silicone, Synthetic Fragrance or Dyes.
- Rich Foaming Action and Concentrated Liquid Solution Formula Means a Little Goes a Long Way.
- Gentle Enough for Daily Use. Ideal for Athletes. Can be Used as an Effective Foot Soak.
This particular product is well-liked because it cleans the body well and is very reasonable in price. The wash goes the distance because there are a lot of well-made ingredients in the body wash formula. Many testimonials reflected the quality and efficiency of the body wash. If you are in the market for an antibacterial body wash this deserves your full attention. The author of this website tried this product and liked it very much.
- Cleans and deodorizes, reduces odor
- Helps soothe itchy, dry and inflamed skin
- Helps wash away fungus & bacteria from the surface of the skin
- Helps prevent fungus & bacteria related infections and recurrence
This product is astounding because of the quality ingredients it is made of. Many people tried the product and liked it very well. The price does not hurt anything either. It an really clean the skin and the body. Also, many people bought this product because of all the positive feedback it received. This may be one of the better antifungal soaps on the market today.
- Special Tea Tree Oil blend fights against stubborn fungus and bacteria and helps you with fungal and bacterial infections
- Healing properties that will moisturize and soothe your skin.
- Throw a bottle of our Funga-Free body wash into your gym bag and use regularly. You will see and feel the difference
- only Natural Ingredients and is free of synthetic chemicals, artificial colors, fragrances, preservatives, alcohol and detergents and is made in the U.S.A.
- Enriched with Organic Oils that can help your skin heal and feel wonderful! ACNE BODY WASH
According to one consumer this is the best soap they have ever tested and they will buy it again.
The soap is ready to use right out of the box and the results come very quickly from using this soap. The formula is outstanding and it really cleans the body and the skin. Many consumers glean valuable information from the reviews given by users. This seems to be a popular soap and anyone who has used it really liked what it did for their bodies.
- Packaged in 100% post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic bottles.
- Certified organic by the USDA National Organic Program and certified Vegan by Vegan Action.
- Smooth and luxurious soap with no synthetic detergents or preservatives, as none of the ingredients or organisms are genetically modified.
- The organic and vegan ingredients are combined with a pure-castile liquid soap base for a rich, emollient lather and a moisturizing after feel.
There are many anti-bacterial body soaps on the internet but this one really stands above the rest. It has outstanding features and the price is reasonable. It has a good formula and ckeans the body well. It may be a little more expensive but the price is well worth it. It is one of the best antifungal soaps available today.
The richness of the lather is important because rich lather penetrates the skin’s pores more effectively.
- Tea Tree Oil contain terpinen-4-ol known to be responsible for most of its antimicrobial activity. Eucalyptus Globulus leaf oil has anti-inflammatory and topical analgesic qualities.
- Pharmaceutical quality and specially formulated for sensitive skin
- VEGAN, NON-GMO. Defense products are all natural and contain no synthetic fragrances, no preservatives, no petroleum products, no triclosan, no sodium lauryl sulfate, no chemical detergents, and no animal testing.
The price is very low and this is one of the best antifungal soaps available today.It really cleans the body well which is a trait you will find in soaps much more expensive this one. It Has a lot of features like you would find in expensive soaps. It works just as hard as the those expensive soaps at half the cost. It is for external use only.
- For external use only. Rub a very small amount on the inside of your elbow area to test for any allergic reaction before use
- Our 100% natural plant based antifungal soap is made using traditional European techniques from premium organic and natural botanicals rich in skin conditioning Omegas 3, 6, 7 & 9 essential fatty acids
- Antifungal Foot and Body Soap is 100% pure and natural; with organic ingredients; paraben-free; no harmful chemicals; made in USA
Tea tree essential oil seems to be a common ingredient in these antibacterial soaps. This particular one is touted to be an outstanding product. It like all the other products listed in this article make it very easy to clean the skin and body. One user says they will continue to use the product and it more than met their expectations. They had come across a number of ineffective products but this one was the right one for them. One lady stated she loved the way the product made her skin feel after she used it.
- Enjoy our healthy blend of natural oils, vitamins, and more as you use our product.
- Our antifungal body wash is proudly made with all natural products.
- This body wash is full of antimicrobial and antifungal properties, enabling it to battle foul foot odor, athlete’s foot, and more
Tea tree essential oil is a key ingredient found in this antifungal soap. Tea tree seems to be very effective at killing bacteria and other germs from the skin. The review was not clear on the price in the beginning the reviewer said it was expensive but further into the review they said it was inexpensive. Still the user said it was one of the top antifungal soaps they had ever used. It is very user friendly and effective. It sounds like there is no side effects with this soap. The reviewer said there may be better products out there but still this one was of a very high quality.
- Perfect for treating and washing away common skin conditions such as athlete’s foot, nail fungus, ringworm, acne, jock itch and other common skin ailments and irritations.
- Enriched with enhanced therapeutic grade Tea Tree Oil, Aloe Vera, Lavender and Eucalyptus, known for its amazingly beneficial skin healing properties.
- The Calily™ Premium Antifungal Soap is an all natural and organic antifungal hand, face and body wash to powerfully combat fungal infections, bacteria and body-odors while leaving your body feeling refreshed and revitalized.
- Features a powerful blend of specially selected natural antiseptic and antibacterial minerals, that will remove skin impurities, neutralize bacteria and eliminate fungal infections.
- The Calily™ Premium Antifungal Soap formula is a highly-concentrated liquid solution, allowing to achieve great results while using less
A satisfied consumer said this was one of the greatest soaps they have ever used. What was the deciding factor for them to use it was all the knowledge they gleaned from reading other reviews on the product. They immediately sensed the superior quality of this soap over other soaps they used. It met their needs and they seem to be a lifetime customer now. They were very impressed with the soap. Again, this soap is a real value compared to some of the more expensive antifungal-antibacterial soaps. It is a real solid product.
- Hydrate and Rejuvenate With Essential Oils, Botanicals and Plant Extracts.
- Defends Against Athlete’s Foot, Jock Itch, Acne, Nail Fungus, Ringworm, Hot Spots and Other Skin Irritations.
- Powerful Protection For Those Who Workout At The Gym and Share Public Mats, Equipment and Shower Facilities
- Known For Centuries For Its Natural Healing and Detoxifying Properties, Helps Absorb and Wash Away Bacteria, Fungus, Grime and Sweat of Everyday Living.
This antifungal soap has unique characteristics in the fact that it is infused with three essential oils. Essential oils are becoming widely accepted as natural remedies to clean the body of bacterial impurities. The product has a huge fan base as many people find it to be an effective antifungal soap. It is reasonably priced. One consumer gave it to a friend and the friend was astonished t how well the soap cleaned her body.
- Lock-in Your Skin’s Natural Enriching Moisture and Oils & Pamper Your Skin With Antifungal, Antimicrobial, & Energizing Power of Lemongrass and Rich Plant-Based Ingredients
- NO Parabens – SLS – Petroleum – Silicone – Lye – Synthetic Dyes – Not Tested on Animals
- Our Black Soap Dissolves & Wicks Away Pore-Clogging Dirt and Toxins. Coconut Oil Moisturizes & Nourishes Your Skin for that Soft, Naturally Radiant Look
- Enriched with Therapeutic Grade Trio of Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Rosemary Essential Oils & Vitamin-Rich Virgin Coconut Oil. These essential oils are powerhouses in fighting bacteria and free radical damage
This antifungal body wash is packed with three powerhouse essential oils which gives it a superior cleaning ability. It will clean and purify the skin like few other soaps can. It is well worth the price and it will pay the money spent many times over. There are many men and women satisfied with the quality of this product. Its quality outshines many other products in the same class.
- Washes away harmful fungus, bacteria and microbes from skin surface. Helps with athlete’s foot, jock itch, nail fungus, body acne, tinea versicolor, ringworms, body odor and skin irritation caused by body acne.
- Contains vitamins A, B1, B2, C, D and E. Soothes and heals itchy inflamed skin. Made in USA (not tested on animals).
- Antifungal qualities kill fungus with natural ingredients (no harmful chemicals). No preservatives,thickeners or detergents
This product is versatile not only will it kill bacteria all over the body it will even get bacteria formed on the feet. It has some effective ingredients that will make cleaning the body an easy task. The soap is reasonably priced and more than holds its weight in gold.
- Infused with nourishing and relieving ingredients such as Coconut oil, Shea Butter and Vitamin E to help soothe and heal trouble areas such as rashes, burns, inflamed or itchy skin while keeping your skin healthy and protected.
- Defends and washes away harmful 99 Fungi, Bacteria and Microbes From the Skin
- The best treatment for skin and fungal relief, our extra strength formula is packed with a blend of natural essential oils and ingredients including Tea Tree Oil
We have listed 15 of the top soap and body washes available on the internet today. They are all reasonably priced and each product has garnered favorable reviews. Read our reviews and pick the best option for your circumstances.
Did you know that the botanical name for fennel essential oil is foeniculum vulgare, a 2 meters high perennial herb whose leaves are feathery in shape and is pale yellow in colour? It has a similar smell with licorice. Its sweetness and spicy herb makes it ideal for cooking. The plant was indigenously grown in the Mediterranean but currently available in most of the countries across the globe. It was first used by Greeks for its gentleness on the skin. It was effective in weight loss due to its diuretic properties. Roman soldiers used the oil to suppress their appetite during their long journeys and desert experiences. Athletes prefer using the oil during Olympics because it is energy giving and enhances longevity. Children in India are given a concoction of the essential oil to relieve colic. It is important to note that not all countries know and use it; US and Australia refer to it as an invasive plant and classifies it as a weed. Fennel seeds have been used for long as a mouth freshener or for culinary purposes.
Fennel essential oil is extracted from the seeds through steam distillation. Fennel plants are both male and female where male plant is rounder in shape, has fibre and is eaten raw; the female plant is longer and is cooked to be eaten. The three types of fennel are sweet ,bitter and a vegetable (dulce, amara and azoricum respectively) The sweet fennel essential oil has properties such as trans- anethole, known to treat cancer. Monoterpenes is for circulatory of blood, pain relieving and disinfectant, and fenchone for cellular regeneration. .
Fennel’s aroma has made it popular in production of perfumes and soaps.
Fennel seed is popularly used in cooking because of its distinctive spicy taste. It is a rich source of potassium, calcium, magnesium and both vitamin B and C. It has effective therapeutic properties reducing digestive system problems.
The oil has several properties such as antiseptic, ant-inflammatory, antifungal, anti-bacteria, antimicrobial, analgesic, stimulant, tonic among others.
Medical uses of fennel essential oil
By virtue of the oil having antiseptic properties, it is used to effectively cure wounds. The oil offers protection against the wound becoming septic. After surgery wounds and incisions are kept away from being septic too.
These abnormal contractions in the body system are treated using fennel essential oil. Spasms can lead to serious ailments like epileptic attacks, convulsions, muscle pulls and stomach cramps. If the spasms go untreated, one can run out of breath leading to death. The oil relaxes the nerves, soothes the spasmodic attacks.
Clears the Bowel
A property in fennel essential oil known as aperitif, acts on peristaltic movement helping clearing of the bowel thus curing constipation. Its laxative properties ensure that an individual will not experience constipation. The oil stimulates the production of bile by the liver causing thorough digestion of food which ultimately results to smooth bowel movement. In addition to this, the fennel oil helps treat stomach infections and ulcers.
Fennel oil allows escape of gases out of the intestines resulting to relief. Accumulation of these gases brings about indigestion thus abdominal pain. In addition, it prevents more gases to be formed in the system. Its spasmodic property ensures that gastric pain and discomfort due to indigestion and flatulence is alleviated. The oil is useful in treatment of chronic gas problems.
Body toxins are expelled out of the body system by the diuretic and lymphatic ability of fennel oil. Excess fats and fluids are eliminated from the body thus decongesting the system. Blood toxics such as uric acid and urea are expelled from the body when this oil is used. It is commonly used for massages during weigh loss exercises and helpful in balancing sodium levels. Frequent urination aid in cleansing the kidney s well as lowering the blood pressure. Unless you are suffering from swelling due to excess fluids n the body, drink a lot of water since excess urination can cause dehydration.
Estrogen properties found in anethole, makes this oil be a “woman’s oil”. It helps calm the menstrual pain as well as curbing hormonal issues including premature menopause. In India, the oil is given to mothers who have given birth to aid in lactation and contraction of the uterus. Milk from lactating mothers, who take the oil, helps the baby as well from gases in the stomach. During lactation, the oil helps in production of more milk as a result of adequate estrogen in the system. The oil helps clearing obstructed menses and acts as a pain reliever as well as ensuring regular flow. Hot flashes during menopause are uncomfortable but the use of this oil can reduce them.
Oral and Dental Care
Fennel essential oil’s antiseptic properties are essential in treatment of dental problems. It is commonly used as a natural mouth freshener. You do not need to mix or dilute the oil with anything for moth freshener.
Low self-esteem and lack of self acceptance can lead to emotional eating which causes obesity and abnormal weight gain. Fennel essential oil enhances self acceptance and high self esteem. It encourages motivation and perseverance through the weight loss process. By giving courage for self expression, an individual can communicate freely releasing any issue that could be disturbing or stressing. Fennel oil helps in metabolic process which causes weight loss. Massage your abdomen or put a drop of the oil under your tongue, it will travel fast in the body system suppressing cravings.
The oil is good at destroying worms in the intestines and excretory tubes. Worms such as tape and round common in children causes malnourishment and affects growth. The oil kills both the worms and spores which could be in the system.
The stimulating quality of fennel oil promotes the entire functions of the body. These functions are such as secretion, digestion and nervous as well as brain. Effective stimulation helps curb dizziness, tiredness and stress.
Fennel essential oil tones up the skin, working on cellulites and wrinkles that affect the skin tone. Other than toning the skin, the oil tones other systems in the body such as digestive, nervous among others. It is useful in toning facial muscles as well as restoration of moisturized skin. Apply it using a clean cloth every night and you will enjoy the effects on your skin. It is ideal for use on dull and oily complexion skin.
Amino acid which is found in fennel is ideal for treatment of anemia. It supports production of adequate hemoglobin. In addition to there are many other blood components which the oil contributes in their formation.
Fennel essential oil’s antispasmodic properties help in improving stiffness which leads to muscular cramps. The muscle cramps are caused by straining or idle muscular effort. To ease the tendrils, massage the aching areas with the fennel essential oil which has been diluted with a carrier oil of your choice.
Anti Diabetic Activity
The oil has revealed hypoglycemic activity and a study shows that use of the oil by diabetic patients, corrects hyperglycemia. The oil therefore becomes a drug proposed to be added in the ant diabetic industry.
Compared with aniseed, fennel essential oil has similar properties which are sweetness n their earthly aroma. It is effective in weight loss and therefore a common component in weight watchers’ diet.
Aromatic Uses of Fennel Essential Oil
This is the easiest yet effective way to apply the oil. Put the oil in a cup and bring it close to your nose, inhaling by taking deep breathes. Your palm can also be use for direct inhalation. Put some oil on your palm breath in to inhale sufficient aroma.
If you are uncomfortable walking around with a bottle of the oil, use your handkerchief instead. Put a few drops on the handkerchief and inhale. You can as well put a few drops on your pillow for inhaling easily when asleep.
At home or in the office use a diffuser machine. It uses cool temperature or vibrations which release the molecules in the air for inhaling.
Room Vents and Fans
If you do not have a diffuser machine, put a few drops of the oils on a clean cotton cloth and place in next to the fan or near the vent of your room. The oil molecules will be dispersed in the air and you will inhale.
Put a few drops of the oil in a bowl with warm water. Ensure that the water is warm and not hot. Place a heavy towel over your head, covering from your shoulders to all round your face. Bend forward towards the bowl and inhale the steam.
Other Uses of Fennel
Both emotionally and spiritually, the oil promotes person’s responsibility, making them respond with confidence. A person with low self esteem or not motivated is advised to use the oil for self uplifting. Warriors in the olden days, use the oil to gain strength and confidence. The oil promoted longevity and stamina.
The fennel herb is mostly used in preparing fish sauces, assorted soups and vegetable salads especially those with cucumbers. When grilling fish, a dried stalk is used. The spice is used in baking breads and curries and a common flavour in Chinese dishes. The seeds can be combined with cheese and put in steamed vegetables. The stalk can be used as celery too.
The following blends work well with fennel essential oil.
- Basil essential oil
- Geranium essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Lemon essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- Sandalwood essential oil
- Juniper berry essential oil
- Basil essential oil
- Lemon essential oil
- Cardamom essential oil
The above mentioned substitutes are applied depending on purpose of the oil. Be sure on which substitute is effective for each particular use.
Precautions on Fennel Essential Oil
Always do a patch test before application of this oil. It will reveal the sensitivity of the skin avoiding allergies or any form of irritation. Use the required dosage because over application may result to skin sensitization.
Do not apply in areas such as eyes, nose and ears; they are delicate and sensitive parts of the body. Mucus membranes must be avoided as well during application of the fennel essential oil.
Manufacturers make different brands of the oil, therefore test all brands. Be keen on the instructions given.
Although Trans anethole is useful in production of estrogen, it is harmful to women with cancer, pregnant or lactating. Estrogen is known to cause cancerous cells’ growth.
Overdose may cause convulsions and mental problems due to the high levels of narcotics. Individuals with epileptic condition should not use this oil.
Undiluted oil is may cause skin sensitization and irritation. Therefore use carrier oil for gentleness on the skin and follow dilution guidelines to the latter.
Internal use of the oil is limited to individuals working under close supervision and advice of a health practitioner.
Keep out of reach of both children and pets.
In some cases fennel essential oil is reported to inhibit absorption of anti biotic, it is therefore discouraged to use the oil during the same time. It is important to consult your doctor before you use the oil.
During preparation of the oil for medicinal purposes, scientific attention is key to ensure there is total absence of risky properties such as carcinogenicity, mutagenicity and teratogenicity. The oil should have toxicity and after use effects at minimum level.
The oil is considered safe for use despite its hypersensitivity reaction which is within controllable levels thus posing no risk to the user. An allergy could be experienced especially to those individuals who are allergic to any plant within the same family as fennel. Therefore if you have allergies after using these properties it is most likely that if you use fennel essential oil, allergies will follow.
Quality of Fennel Essential Oil
Though there are many brands of this oil in the market, not all are quality thus compromising the results of therapeutic process. The following are some guidelines to use when choosing a quality brand:
- Fennel plant variety
- The plant must be indigenously grown
- No chemicals and pesticides applied during growth.
- Harvested at the right time.
- Proper temperature and pressure used during harvest.
- Tested thoroughly
Recipes for Fennel Essential Oil
- Fennel essential oil: 6 drops
- Juniper essential oil: 6 drops
- Rosemary essential oil: 6 drops
- Patchouli essential oil: 6 drops
- Wheat Germ oil :60 ml
Mix the above ingredients and put in small storage containers. Apply 2-3 times daily for maximum effect.
Water Retention Blend
- Fennel essential oil: 5 drops
- Juniper essential oil: 7 drops
- Grapefruit essential oil: 7 drops
- Avocado oil or Sweet Almond: 30 ml
Blend all the above ingredients above. The mixture can be used for massages for a period of 6 weeks. Always shake thoroughly before use to ensure the blend is correct.
- Fennel essential oil: 5 drops
- Rose essential oil: 5 drops
- Lavender essential oil: 5 drops
- Jojoba essential oil: 1 oz
Combine all the above ingredients to make your own both day and night anti-wrinkle skin moisturizer.
The following are 3 inspirations for using fennel essential oil.
- Coconut oil1 Tbsp
- Almond oil: 1 Tbsp
- Shea butter: 1 Tbsp
- Lavender: 10 drops
- Pepper mint: 5 drops
- Eucalyptus: 5 drops
- Fennel: 5 drops
- Sage: 5 drops
Melt the above ingredients in a boiler and put in small storage containers. Pick one bottle at a time as you travel to use while away from home. Apply on cuticles 4 times a day after washing your hands.
Coconut essential oil: ¼ cup
Almond essential oil: ¼ cup
Bees wax: ¼ cup
Fennel essential oil: 10 drops
Lemon essential oil: 10 drops
Mix and melt all the ingredients, pour the mixture inside a container and let it set for a day.
- Coconut essential oil: ¼ cup
- Jojoba essential oil: ¼ cup
- Shea butter: ½ cup
- Fennel essential oil: 10 drops
- Combine and heat the first 3 ingredients, whip the mixture until stiff as you add the fennel oil and lemon.
Fennel oil is both popular for its medicinal and culinary uses. Anethole and estragole are main compounds in the oil that are molecules active in having oestrogenic, antithombotic and acaricidal functions. Several experiments have shown that the compounds have potent antioxidant function.
The oil like other essential oils, can be applied aromatically, topically and internally. Topical application involves rubbing the oil on the affected area and the effects are soothing. Bathing with soaps with fennel properties has similar effects as rubbing. Though caution should be taken when taking the oil orally, it is considered safe. Internal use aids in digestion of food in the stomach. It is ideal in treatment of menstrual and digestive pain. It can also be put in salads but in strictly small amounts.
Essential oils have been recognized over 6,000 years for their therapeutic healing properties. The oils are extracted from plants’ leaves, roots, flowers, fruits and seeds. The extracted oil is known to be concentrated and diluting when using is advisable to reduce their potency. While some can be used individually, others need to be mixed with a carrier oil.
21st century consumers are more conscious of their weight leading to exploration of various natural ways of losing weight. The major factor to consider in weight loss is how to curb appetite. The natural ways are known for their long term effects on weight loss as opposed to diet pills and tiring exercises. The trending research nowadays is on how to lose weight naturally using essential oils. . The essential oils do suppress appetite and cravings to take sugary foods reduced.
Other than prescriptions and pills, people prefer to use natural alternative with essential oils to support weight loss. One major step in the process of weight loss is to control hunger cravings. Consumption of excess sugar reflects intake of bad diet which eventually leads to weight gain and tooth decay. To reduce sugar intake, an individual is expected to control the unending sugar cravings. Essential oils are extracted from plants and are proven to treat many medical conditions. Each essential oil is known to heal more than one medical condition. These oils may not work alone in the weight loss program but they help stimulate metabolism by suppressing appetite, digestion of food is improved, blood sugar levels are controlled and enhances your mood.
Aromatherapy has proven to be effective in influencing both the physical and emotional status of an individual. Molecules of the essential oil that cause healing in the body are transmitted through the blood stream causing positive effects. Inhalation of molecules sends signals to the brain receptors which are responsible for controlling functions of the body such as blood pressure, stress, pleasure, motivation, heart rate among others. The therapy is a major treatment to medical conditions such as hormonal imbalance and anxiety. Essential oils are not substitutes to a good diet and adequate body exercises.
For you to lead a holistic life, it is advisable to know your essential oils. The following are some of the essential oils used for treatment of various medical conditions.
Coffee Essential Oil
Extract of green coffee bean has chlorogenic acid which is vital compound in weight control. In an investigation test, individuals chosen were fed with high fat foods for a period of four weeks. Another group was given extract from the green coffee bean and put on a controlled diet for a period of four weeks. After the test period ended, the group that had been given the green coffee bean showed that there was a decrease in both body weight and body fat.
Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon essential oil has a number of benefits. It is known to increase metabolism, suppress appetite and also assist in food digestion. It may directly act on adipose tissue like other citrus essential oil. Individuals set aside for the test revealed that after inhaling the oil adipose tissue levels reduced significantly.
It can be inhaled or taken directly to reduce appetite or overeating. It is advisable to take the oil before meals for maximum results. Inhaling the oil involves putting a few drops on a cotton cloth and breathing in the vapours whereas in direct intake, 2 drops of the oil are put in the drinking water.
For external use, mix few drops of the essential oil with a carrier oil of your choice (olive oil is mostly advised). Apply on areas around your stomach, thighs, arms, neck among others where there is a lot of body fats stored. Fat cells store toxins which can be eliminated from the body by use of lemon essential oil.
For internal use, add 1-2 drops of lemon essential oil in your glass of drinking water. Taking the mixture will help eliminate body toxins and improve the digestive system.
Bergamot Essential oil
Bergamot essential oil for appetite control is helpful for those who suffer and have to emotionally eat. Most of us eat excessively and unhealthy diets when we are stressed. The oil reduces anxiety and stress, which may bring about stress eating hindering appetite control. Your endocrine system needs to relax and some sort of calmness which can be achieved by use of Bergamot essential oil. Polyphenols present in the oil, helps boost metabolism through a process of burning fats and sugars. Putting in place mechanisms to curb anxiety will help in weight loss process.
Research done on subjects using the oil, revealed instant physiological effects. Samples of saliva were taken to test the stress level, lower cortisol levels were seen.
When you experience a craving for food, put a few drops of the essential oil on a cotton cloth and inhale the aroma for relaxation of the mind and body.
During your morning baths, put a few drops of the oil for boosting of your metabolism the rest of the day.
Citronella Essential Oil
A recent study examined the natural properties of citronella essential oil that suppresses appetite. Two different groups were used the study test, giving one high fat foods plus inhalation of citronella essential oil and another prescribed diet. Results show that the group on experiment consumed less compared to those in control group, which is an indication, that citronella may be useful to suppress appetite.
Grapefruit Essential Oil
Being a natural appetite suppressant and increase of metabolism, grapefruit essential oil is recommended for this ability. Body water retention and stomach bloating is also prevented by grapefruit essential oil. It is proven that the oil removes toxins in the body when taken by drinking. The oil is administered through inhalation thrice a week and each session lasts 15 minutes. Results are reduced appetite due to suppressed hunger. Further findings are that the fat layer is reduced after inhalation of grapefruit within the specified period.
Drink a glass of water mixed with 2 drops of the essential oil in the morning before breakfast, it boosts metabolism. Drinking the mixture after a meal also helps in digestion of food. The intake is not limited to meal times only but can be taken throughout the day for better results. Other than drinking, you can inhale the grapefruit essential oil by putting a few drops on cotton wool and breathe in the aroma.
Stimulation of the liver as well as the gall bladder is done by the pink grapefruit essential oil. The essential oil acts as a tonic for blood circulation activation and known to renew skin cells.
Grapefruit essential oil is more effective when mixed with other oils such as peppermint essential oil, eucalyptus essential oil , lemon essential oil, tea tree essential oil among others. A detailed essential oils guide has a variety of essential oils recipes. It is important to note that citrus essential oils have acidic properties and highly concentrated. It is therefore advisable to store them in glass containers to avoid erosion by the acid.
For home made recipe, in a diffuser add 4 drops of grapefruit essential oil. Better aroma is achieved with addition of lemon essential oil to grapefruit essential oil.
Lime Essential Oil
This oil is proven to have appetite suppressing properties. Patients who take any form of antihistamine are reported to add weight and lime essential oil can be taken to control appetite.
The oil is known to be an effective treatment for obesity. Lime essential oil can be used internally by adding few drops in drinking water and externally by putting in bathing water.
The lime essential oil can be combined with other essential oils for maximum results.
Cinnamon Essential Oil
The bark of cinnamon essential oil has become popular in weight loss because of its appetite suppressing properties. It is known to control sugar cravings and boost of metabolism. Instead of storing sugars as fat, cinnamon helps break them into energy. When administered it was noted that the blood glucose was reduced. One of the effective methods to curb sugar cravings is use of cinnamon essential oil.
The greatness of this essential oil is when the body goes into high levels of insulin resistance. It happens when the body system stops responding particularly to insulin. Instead of burning fat, the body stores as a result of resistance to insulin. Cinnamon essential oil works by sensitizing the brain of high insulin in the system and increases intake of blood glucose. Imbalanced sugar levels causes accumulation of abdominal fat, increased both blood cholesterol and pressure. Genetically obese individuals use cinnamon essential oil because it prevents inflammatory cells to grow in the body.
To avoid food cravings at night, add 2 drops of cinnamon essential oil to warm drinking water (you can add honey) and drink before meals. The oil can also be inhaled to suppress appetite. To dilute cinnamon essential oil’s potency, it is recommended that when using mix with your preferred carrier oil. Commonly used carrier oils are jojoba oil and olive oil which are locally available and affordable.
Geranium Essential Oil
Recent research shows that geranium is effective in controlling sugar cravings. This oil has a nice rosy scent which many users enjoy. It has hypoglycemic characteristics, lowering the blood sugar levels. Tests comparing geranium essential oil and glibenclamide showed that geranium is more effective in reduction of blood sugar in the body.
This oil assists in metabolism by boosting the process. After a meal, the essential oil makes you feel satisfied, it’s an energy booster and curbs cravings. The oil can be administered through inhalation, put in drinking water or better still take a peppermint bath!
Before a meal, put a few drops of peppermint on a piece of cotton wool and inhale by breathing in the mint aroma. The appetite will be suppressed making you eat less.
If you like taking the oil by drinking, add a few drops preferably 2 drops of the essential oil to your drinking water and take it before a meal. For pepper mint bath, add 5 to 10 drops of the oil in your bath tab, it improves your metabolism and also good at curbing food cravings. The essential oil penetrates through the skin pores to your body.
The oil has an organic compound known as gingerol and is effective in anti-inflammatory functions. The compound also boosts metabolism and can be taken with your favorite drink such as tea and warm water by adding 2 drops of the oil. Ginger roots are locally available and widely used in cooking meals.
Coconut Essential Oil
The coconut essential oil can be used both internally and externally. The oil is widely used for various treatments and majorly in diets on weight loss. The product is creamy though it is converted to oil when exposed to high temperatures. When applied on your skin, which is warm, it melts. Many body lotions have coconut oil as one of their ingredients for effective use. During summer periods, the oil can be refrigerated to be used on skin when cold giving a cooling sensation.
It can be used internally as an appetite suppressant during weight loss program. It prevents fat deposits from showing as well as improving your digestion system.
Continuous use of the coconut essential oil in your diet will result to appetite suppression, reducing the urge for you to eat unhealthy and sweet snacks.
Fennel Essential oil
Fennel essential oil has a distinctive and sweet licorice aroma used for stress relieving. The oil is also known in helping digestion of food in the stomach and relieves gas with ease. Some users have reported to experienced sedative effects but still uplifting their mood. Low self esteem is associated with obesity due to overeating. Fennel essential oil helps curb emotional eating. Fennel essential oil is both a metabolic enhancer and an appetite suppressant.
Brain cycles of wake and sleep signals are regulated by melatonin which comes from fennel. Melatonin is also known to help burn fats and converts to energy. Fennels seeds when eaten suppress appetite. In the early days, these seeds were eaten during fasting days to reduce appetite.
Apply the oil by massaging areas such as stomach, neck, thighs, and arms among others.
Application of this essential oil is strictly for external use unless under the instruction and observation of a doctor. The oil has to be diluted before use because it is highly concentrated.
The slique essence is a combination of several essential oils for maximum effects. The combination and blend of Stevia (Rebaudioside A) extract, grapefruits (citrus paradisi), ocotea (Ocotea Quixos), tangerine (citrus reticulate), spearmint (menthe spicata) and lemon (Citrus limon) offers a perfect solution to weight control. The essential oils work in unison to suppress and control hunger. It is mainly used with slique tea and helps in digestion. Ocotea is known for its aroma like that of cinnamon that controls hunger. Stevia is a natural, non-calories sweetener.
Use it in your 4 -6 oz slique tea or water by adding 2-4 drops of the essence. It is advisable to shake the essence well before use. Each time you feel hungry use the essence as regularly as practically possible. For aromatic use, direct inhalation is recommended.
Extra caution should be taken by pregnant and nursing mothers, patients on other medications and those with medical conditions. Consult a practitioner before use if you fall under the cautioned category of users.
Discussed above are many essential oils which you can use to suppress your appetite. It is recommended that you use as many essential oils as possible since there is no harm to your body. However, during use be keen to notice any signal that could be warning of danger mainly allergies. Most of the manufacturers of these products place a label on container describing the ingredients and it is important to read.
Healthy diet and regular exercises should accompany the use of essential oils for appetite suppression. They accelerate your metabolic process and weight loss.
Many health benefits come with use of the essential oils thus increasing their daily use. After several researches, these essential oils have proved to effectively work in treating a number of medical conditions either individually or in combination with other therapies.
By controlling sugar levels, suppressing appetite, metabolism stimulation and helping in food digestion process, essential oils have proved efficient in weight loss program.
Appetite suppression is all about controlling the sugar levels in your blood. In addition to a balanced diet intake and regular body exercise routine, essential oils are a fast remedy to weight loss.
There is no need to fight with stress related eating habits, fatigue brought about by diet programs, poor metabolic process, sugar cravings, indigestion among others, all you need is to identify an essential oil that will help you achieve your goal of suppressing your appetite for speeding up weight loss.