FOCUS! Have you ever heard that word in your life? You need to buckle down and focus! Pay attention to what you are doing! We have all heard these statements growing up when we don’t seem to grasp a math or history problem. Or we are sitting in a classroom and our minds drift to another world or time and place. We just cannot seem to focus at the task at hand in the classroom. There are people in this world who do have trouble focusing and they are living in a constant daydream. Is there some kind of drug, medicine or treatment to help the kinds of people? We wonder what makes these people this way.
Will They be this way the rest of their lives or is there a way to treat this lack of focus? There are some natural remedies that my help and at the front of the pack are essential oils. Seem slike essential oils are being used for everything else under the sun why not focus ? Here are some essential oils that may help with focus.
- 1 Essential Oil Focus Blends
- 1.1 Smooth Sailing Focus Blend
- 1.2 Calm and Concentrated Blend
- 1.3 Alert and Aware Blends
- 1.4 Bold and Focused Blends
- 1.5 Pure Concentration Blends
- 1.6 More Focused Essential Oils
- 1.7 Rosemary Essential Oil
- 1.8 Basil Essential Oil Recipe
- 1.9 Pine Essential Oil Recipe
- 1.10 May Chang Essential Oil Recipe
- 1.11 Eucalyptus essential oil Recipe
- 1.12 Peppermint Essential Oil Recipe
- 1.13 Camphor Essential Oil Recipe
- 1.14 Plai Essential Oil Recipe
- 1.15 Elemi Essential Oil Recipe
- 1.16 Ginger Essential Oil Recipe
- 1.17 Additional Focus Blend Recipes
- 1.18 Blend #1
- 1.19 Blend #2
- 1.20 Blend #3
- 1.21 Blend #4
- 1.22 Blend #5
- 1.23 Diffuser Blend:
- 1.24 Aromatherapy Massage Oil Recipe
- 1.25 Blends:
- 1.26 Stress Blend:
- 1.27 Restful Blend Recipe to Promote Sleep:
- 1.28 Peak Concentration Blend Recipe:
- 1.29 The Amazing Homework Concentration Blend Recipe – Essential Oils for Focus
- 1.30 Essential Oil Recipes for Focus and Concentration
- 1.31 Vetiver Essential Oil
- 1.32 Lavender Essential Oil Recipe
- 1.33 Cedarwood Essential Oil Recipe
- 1.34 Peace and Calming Essential Oil Blend Recipe
- 1.35 Brain Power Essential Oil Blend Recipe
- 1.36 Conclusion:
So, the reality is you cannot just pick any essential oil and think it will help your powers of concentration. It is said that over thousands of years particular smells are associated with particular actions, moods or environments. You see scents affect are mental states in very specific ways. So you have to pick the right scent to stimulate the mind to focus and concentrate. You must also choose the right blend of essential oils to maximize your focusing abilities.
Humans build memories, or connections with certain smells. For instance let’s say every time you smell watermelon it reminds you of eating watermelon at your family’s annual summer picnic at your cabin in the mountains. It made you feel loved, warm and appreciated by your family. Ten years ago by and you are all alone in a big city. You have been feeling lonely, depressed and isolated. You are walking under the hot blazing noon sun and you walk by a grocery store the smell of watermelon hits you and carries you back to those childhood memories at the cabin. Your depression turns to happiness, contentment and you know you are not alone because there is a loving family out there who is thinking about you. Your mood changes drastically and you find hope in life again and purpose.
This is why you want to make sure you select the right essential oils to set your mind in an optimum focused state. To get the right state of mind you are seeking after. You build on these experiences from scent to scent. To bring yourself to the place where you can take one short sniff of an essential oil scent and it puts you instantly into a productive and focused mindset.
Essential Oil Focus Blends
Smooth Sailing Focus Blend
- 8 drops grapefruit EO
- 5 drops basil EO
- 5 drops bergamot EO
- 2 drops lavender EO
- Mix together in a small dropper bottle (5 ml)
- 6 drops to a bath
- 3 drops on a wet washcloth, rub all over your body while showering
- Deep inhalations from a tissue/cloth or pocket square
- Added to an essential oil diffuser to fill your room
Calm and Concentrated Blend
- 1 tsp lavender EO
- 1/2 tsp bergamot EO
- 1/2 tsp geranium EO
- 40 drops sandalwood or cedarwood EO
- 10 drops chamomile EO
- Combine oils in a small dropper bottle (15 ml, 30 ml)
- In a small non-reactive bowl add 2 oz of your favorite massage oil (argan, coconut,sesame, sweet almond, jojoba,grapeseed, macadamia)
- Next add 4-6 drops of your calm and concentrated blend
- Mix well.
- Massage all over your body
In the bath: Add 4-6 drops to your bath
Inhalation: Add 4-6 drops to a cloth, tissue or fill a pocket EO inhaler with mixture, inhale deeply
Diffusion: Fill your aromatherapy diffuser with as much of the mixture as you’d like
Alert and Aware Blends
Alert and Aware blend #1
- 14 drops Juniper EO
- 8 Drops Pine EO
- 8 Drops Rosemary EO
Alert and Aware blend #2
- 10 drops grapefruit
- 10 drops lime
- 5 drops black pepper
- 5 drops peppermint
For blend #1 and #2 either apply to a diffuser or dilute with a base oil and add to a 1 oz glass dropper bottle. It can then be used as a stimulating massage oil.
Alert and Aware blend #3
This blend is meant to only be used in a diffuser
- 15 drops eucalyptus
- 5 drops peppermint
- 5 drops basil
Bold and Focused Blends
Bold and Assertive Blend #1
- 15 drops cedarwood
- 10 drops lime
- 5 drops cypress
Bold and Assertive Blend #2
- 10 drops frankincense
- 10 drops bergamot
- 10 drops patchouli
Bold and Assertive Blend #3
- 10 drops litsea cubeba
- 6 drops jasmine
- 2 drops cistus
Pure Concentration Blends
- 10 drops lemon
Pure Concentration Blend #1
- 20 drops lemon
- 6 drops basil
- 2 drops rosemary
Pure Concentration Blend #2
- 10 drops cardamom
- 10 drops litsea cubeba
Rosemary essential oil is supposed to be quite energizing. It is considered an immunity booster and brain stimulant. The fact that it is a brain stimulant means you need to be careful how much you use of this oil. If it is used in a massage it may give you a significant boost. To recover from mental fatigue and to get a jolt you can vaporize this oil with Grapefruit and Peppermint essential oils.
- Try This recipe add three drops Rosemary essential oil, four drops Grapefruit and one drop Peppermint in an aromatherapy diffuser.
Supposedly, rosemary essential oil is effective as an aromatherapy oil to be included in a pre exercise massage oil due to its circulatory stimulant action.
Basil Essential Oil Recipe
The rich warm undertones of the unusual scent of this oil relieves mental drain and gives you that extra mental boost. It may boost your confidence and self-image how it is not known.
Vaporise Basil with Sandalwood and Use 3 drops Basil essential oil, 4 Sandalwood and 2 Frankincense for a really grounding and uplifting blend!
Pine Essential Oil Recipe
A good way to use pine essential oil through steam inhalation.
Try 3 drops Pine, 2 Plai and 1 Ginger in a bowl of steamy hot water. Lean over the bowl and place a towel over your head. Breathe in deeply through the nose for a few minutes, keeping your eyes closed.
May Chang Essential Oil Recipe
This is a little known essential oil. It is a solid aromatic essential oil that has an effective uplifting and lightening effect on the emotions. It is perfect to get rid of those Monday “blue”feelings.
Use it in an atmosphere / room spray. Use 100ml Orange Flower Hydrolat in a spray bottle and add 6 drops May Chang essential oil, 4 Rosemary, 2 Ginger and 20 Sweet Orange.
Eucalyptus essential oil Recipe
Eucalyptus has towering decongestant properties. It is great for clearing the mind of anxious and worrisome thoughts. It is said to restore calm the mind so you can think clearly. It will stimulate a positive and happy approach to life for you.
Add 1 drop Eucalyptus, 1 Rosemary, 1 Ginger and 4 Bergamot to a bowl of steamy hot water (as above). Inhale for 5 minutes then splash your face with cold water – this also helps enliven your mental energies, and is great for the skin too!
Peppermint Essential Oil Recipe
One drop is all you need for any use. It will give clarity of thought and will boost the mood. Can be used in a concentration balm where it is rubbed into the temples and the pressure points.
Mix 30ml Aloe Vera & Seaweed Gel with 1 drop Peppermint, 2 May Chang, 2 Neroli and 4 Bergamot. The seaweed gel sounds questionable.
Camphor Essential Oil Recipe
This essential oil is famous for its anti-inflammatory and decongestant attributes.But it can be used as a mind boosting stimulant also. Remember, using it as a brain stimulant it should be consumed in small amounts. For a pick me up it can be used as a diffusing blend or a chest massage if you are feeling totally sick and have the blahs.
or the chest rub mix 30ml Organic Moisturising Cream with 3 drops Camphor, 1 Ginger, 1 Thyme and 6 Bergamot. Massage into the chest, which will help introduce the oils into the bloodstream as well as being inhaled. The same quantity of essential oils can also be vaporised/diffused.
Never use Camphor essential oil if you are pregnant or you have epileptic attacks
Plai Essential Oil Recipe
This is a little known essential oil and its properties are that it may be able to stimulate the mind for a morning booster. It is a good choice if you are dragging mentally from anxiety and stress. Try showering first thing in the morning with this unique blend – to enhance your disposition and wake up you’re the senses. Spruce yourself up with an identical blend of essential oils in a diffuser to really get your juices flowing.
Take 120ml SLS Free Bath & Shower Gel and add 6 drops Plai, 10 Tangerine, 10 Bergamot and 4 Neroli. Shake well before use.
Elemi Essential Oil Recipe
This oil was used in ancient blends so it has been around for centuries helping people lift out of depression.This is a better choice if your focus is lacking because you do not trust your intelligence or you absolutely have no confidence in your ability to accelerate in life or to meet that time goal. Just don’t go into panic mode.
Take 3 drops of Bach Flower Rescue Remedy in a glass of water and then vaporise the following essential oils, or take an aromatic bath if you have time – sometimes “time out” helps create that “game on” feeling. For vaporizing use 3 drops each of Elemi, Grapefruit and Frankincense. For an aromatherapy bath mix 15ml SLS Free Bath & Shower Gel (or full fat milk) with 2 drops Elemi, 2 Neroli, 1 Peppermint and 6 Bergamot.
Ginger Essential Oil Recipe
This oil will is very effective for your senses when you need to re-energize and be inspired. If you tend to suffer in colder temperatures too, you’ll want to choose trying this oil. In the morning use this blend in the bath blend.
For the bath, mix 15ml SLS Free Bath & Shower Gel (or full fat milk) with 1 drop Ginger essential oil, 1 Black Pepper, 4 Geranium, 4 Bergamot.
For a stimulating moisturising cream, mix 120ml Organic Moisturising Cream with 4 drops Ginger, 4 Black Pepper, 8 Patchouli, 14 Geranium and 14 Bergamot. Apply this directly after your warm bath to aid the absorption of the oils.
For vaporizing use 3 drops Ginger, 2 Black Pepper and 4 Lime.
- 3 drops Rosemary
- 2 drops Lemon
- 4 drops Cypress
- 1 drops Peppermint
- 1 drop Basil
- 2 drops Rosemary
- 2 drops Cypress
- 3 drops Lemon
- 2 drops Hyssop
- 2 drops Peppermint
- 3 drops Lemon
Select one of the blends shown above. Then, choose which method you’d like to use the blend and follow the directions below.
Multiply your blend by 4 to obtain a total of 20 drops of your chosen blend. Add your oils to a dark colored glass bottle and mix well by rolling the bottle in between your hands. Add the appropriate number of drops from your created blend to your diffuser by following the manufacturer’s instructions for your diffuser brand and model.
Multiply your blend by 3 to obtain a total of 15 drops of your chosen blend. Continue by using the 15 drop blend in the Bath Oil recipe.
Multiply your blend by 3 to obtain a total of 15 drops of your chosen blend. Continue by using the 15 drop blend in the Bath Salts recipe.
Multiply your blend by 2 to obtain a total of 10 drops of your chosen blend. Continue by using the 10 drop blend in the Massage Oil recipe.
- Select oils that will complement the goals of your massage and that are not contraindicated or unsafe to use by the giver or recipient of the massage.
- 6 drops Clary Sage
- 2 drops Lemon
- 3 drops Lavender
Restful Blend Recipe to Promote Sleep:
- 5 drops Roman Chamomile
- 5 drops Lavender
Peak Concentration Blend Recipe:
- 2 drops Ginger
- 1 drops Black Pepper
- 4 drops Peppermint
- 5 drops Eucalyptus
- Mix the oils well and store in an airtight, dark glass container. This recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- Apply only a small amount (1/2-1 teaspoon) for each massage.
Diffuse 2-3 drops each of the following oils for focus and concentration:
- Vetiver Essential Oil
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Cedarwood Essential Oil
Vetiver Essential Oil
- Apply 1-2 drops on the bottom of feet or inhale for a few minutes in the morning and at bedtime. It may be used in combination with Lavender and Cedarwood (1-2 drops on the bottom of feet, especially the big toe – a Vita Flex point to the brain).
Lavender Essential Oil Recipe
- Apply 1-2 drops to the neck and feet before bedtime, add to a diffuser or use in combination with Vetiver and Cedarwood on the bottom of feet.
Cedarwood Essential Oil Recipe
Method / Ingredients:
- Apply 1-2 drops with a carrier oil on the feet morning and at bedtime, inhale for a few minutes in the morning and night, add to a diffuser or use in combination with Vetiver and Lavender on the bottom of feet.
Peace and Calming Essential Oil Blend Recipe
Tangerine, Orange, Ylang Ylang, Patchouli and Blue Tansy Essential Oils
- Apply 1-2 drops with a carrier oil on the feet morning and at bedtime, inhale for a few minutes in the morning and night or add to a diffuser at bedtime.
Brain Power Essential Oil Blend Recipe
Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Melissa, Frankincense, Blue Cypress, Lavender and Helichrysum Essential Oils
- Apply 1-2 drops with a carrier oil on the back of the neck in the morning and at bedtime, inhale for a few minutes in the morning and night or add to a diffuser at bedtime.
You have found many different essential oils and essential oil blends to us to help you and your loved ones to a higher level of focus and concentration. Please choose the one or ones that will work best for you and your loved ones.