How can you increase your height naturally? You grow to a certain height and that is it. There really is no way to increase your height naturally is there? You are born and you reach a certain height that is predestined right? Apparently, there those who disagree and say that there are natural ways to increase your height. This seems unreasonable because how can you change your natural height. Let us look into this intriguing question that is causing controversy worldwide. If you are at a height you are not happy with then maybe there is a natural way to increased that height. People who are short or are of medium height always wish they were taller. Do tall people ever wish they were shorter? Let us get to the question.
- 1 Take Ashwagandha and stretch
- 1.1 Milk Ahoy
- 1.2 Immune Power
- 1.3 Stretch Your Way to a Taller Body
- 1.4 Exercise Your Way to increased Height
- 1.5 Sleep and Get Some More Sleep
- 1.6 Eat Properly
- 1.7 Get Plenty of Rays
- 1.8 Sit up Straight
- 1.9 Keep Hydrated
- 1.10 More Tips:
- 1.11 Don’t Stunt your Growth
- 1.12 Foods to get you There
- 1.13 Proteins
- 1.14 Minerals
- 1.15 Dairy Products
- 1.16 Fruits and Vegetables
- 1.17 Chicken
- 1.18 Conclusion
It is historically claimed that if you take ashwagandha(a preparation usually of the leaves or roots of an evergreen shrub (Withania somnifera) native to Africa, Asia, and southern Europe that is used in herbal medicine especially as a tonic, anti-inflammatory, and adaptogen) (scientific name: Withania somnifera), which is an Indian ginseng, you can increase your height. This is also according to Ayurveda medicinal practices. It is said to contain various minerals that are able to broaden the bone skeleton as well as its density. These two factors would surely increased your height. You can find ashwagandha in any herbal store.
- Mix two tablespoons of ashwagandha powder in a glass of warm cow’s milk.
- Add sugar or jaggery according to your taste and mix well.
- Drink it every night before going to bed, at least for 45 days to increase your height.
- Note: For this remedy to work, you must avoid fast food completely.
It is rather strange that you cannot eat any fast food for this remedy to work.
This has been a traditional natural method to increase one’s height for generations. We have all heard it since we were young to drink all the time so we will grow tall and strong. Milk is rich in calcium which is an important mineral for bone growth. Calcium also acts as a height builder. Besides calcium, milk has vitamin A and protein that are essential for overall development of the body, including height.
- To increase your height by a few inches, drink at least two to three glasses of milk daily.
- In addition, eating dairy foods like cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt and cream can have an effect on height.
One way to increase your eight is to develop a strong immune system. Certain childhood diseases can stunt a child’s growth. But if the child takes vitamin A and gets regular immunizations it will strengthen the immune system and the child will avoid these childhood diseases. There will be no stunting of their growth.
- There are a number of ways you can strengthen your immune system – by eating whole and fresh foods, and avoiding processed and hydrogenated foods such as the very popular margarine.
- A healthy diet will lead to a healthy immune system. Incorporate lots of fruits, vegetables, legumes, whole grains, and foods rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids in your diet to maintain a healthy immune system
Stretch Your Way to a Taller Body
Stretching is another effective way to increase your height at any age.
- Try to stretch your body by standing on your toes for a few minutes daily, several times a day.
- Other stretching exercises that you can try at home include car stretch, super stretch, cobra stretch, bow down, twists and basic leg stretches.
- To learn about some easy and effective stretching exercises, you can watch this video.
Exercise Your Way to increased Height
It is said that when you exercise and play sports it releases a growth hormone that increases the height. For this to be effective you must play sports and exercise regularly.
- One good exercise to increase height is skipping where you need to jump a lot. Do skipping for at least 30 minutes each day in an open area.
- Holding on to a horizontal bar and hanging with your spine stretched out is another effective exercise to facilitate height gain. Stay in the position for 10 seconds and repeat at least six times daily.
- Plus, play games like tennis and basketball that require you to jump a lot. This will help increase your height and also help in maintaining ideal body weight.
- Also indulge in outdoor activities, like cycling and swimming, on a regular basis to enjoy good height and a toned body.
- Exercise throughout the teen years and in puberty. Getting regular exercise may help you to grow taller during your teen years. Get out and about and work your muscles for at least 30 minutes each day.
- Join a gym. Joining a gym will help give you access to a lot of great exercising and muscle-building machines. It will also keep you
- motivated to workout (you’ll feel silly if you’re in the gym but not exercising).
- Join a sports team. People who join sports teams can use their natural competitiveness to burn extra calories and hopefully get their bodies taller. The great thing about team sports is that half the time, you don’t even realize that you’re exercising.
- If nothing else, walk around. If you can’t find the time to do anything else, get up and walk around. Walk to the grocery store. Walk to the library. Walk to school.
Sleep and Get Some More Sleep
If you get plenty of sleep the body will regenerate new tissue. In fact the Human Growth Hormone or HGH which is responsible for naturally increasing height in the body does just that when the body is in a deep sleep.
- During sound sleep, the brain is relaxed and releases more growth hormones. On the other hand, a tired brain shows low release of growth hormones.
- As a rule, during the growing stage, a person must have at least eight to 11 hours of proper sleep every night to enjoy maximum height.
This is pretty much a common sense option as you need to eat properly and maintain a healthy diet for the body to increased in height and reach its maximum height. Yet if you eat a healthy diet all your life you can increase your height naturally. It has been found that lack of proper nutrients is one of the leading causes behind people failing to reach their maximum height.
- To get proper nutrition, follow a balanced diet. Essential nutrients like zinc, manganese, vitamin C, protein, potassium, calcium, and phosphorus provide the required stimulus for increasing height.
- A daily diet should contain fresh leafy greens and colored vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, whole grains, and low-fat dairy products, all in their proper proportions.
- Eat plenty of lean protein. Lean protein, such as white poultry meat, fish, soy, and dairy, helps promote muscle growth and healthy bones. Simple carbohydrates such as pizza, cakes, sweets, and soda, are the stuff to stay away from.
- Eat plenty of calcium. Calcium, found in leafy green vegetables such as spinach and kale, and in dairy (yogurt and milk), helps promote healthy bones.
- Get enough zinc. Studies, although they have been inconclusive so far, point to a possible link between zinc deficiencies and stunted growth in boys. Good sources of zinc include oysters, wheat germ, pumpkin and squash seeds, lamb, peanuts, and crab.
- Get enough vitamin D. Vitamin D promotes bone and muscle growth in children, and a deficiency has been shown to stunt growth and cause weight gain in teenage girls. Modest amounts of Vitamin D can be found in fish, alfalfa, and mushrooms, as well as Vitamin D-fortified foods such as some milks and cereals. However, the vast majority of your Vitamin D comes from sunlight exposure. Just 15 minutes a day out in the sun (on average) can ensure you get enough Vitamin D.
Get Plenty of Rays
This option is rather unique with all the talk of getting skin cancer from harmful sun rays. People seem to advocate to stay out of the sun as much as possible to avoid getting skin cancer. But it is advised that you get out into the sun at least for twenty to thirty minutes everyday. But the best time to do this is either early in the morning or in early evening. In this way you limit your exposure to the harmful rays of the sun.
- Sunlight is the best natural source of vitamin D, a key nutrient needed for overall growth, including maximum height. When your body does not get enough vitamin D, you can have weak bones as well as less height. To make sure your body gets the required amount of this vitamin, spend 20 to 30 minutes daily in the sunlight.
- Go out in the sun during early morning or evening hours to give your body vitamin D with minimal exposure to harmful ultraviolet rays.
- Along with sunlight, you can get vitamin D from milk, cheese, eggs, oily fish, and fortified foods.
Sit up Straight
What this means is practice good posture so your spine will stay straight and erect A good posture plays a key role in the development of your height. A good posture is one where the head and neck are aligned without any sign of bending or slouching.You will reach your maximum height.
- This type of posture straightens out your spine, relaxes your muscles and helps improve your height. On the other hand, a bad posture makes your spinal cord bend, which in turn suppresses your normal height.
- So, make sure to sit straight on a chair and keep your shoulders straight and chin high. When you stand or walk, keep your body straight and tight.
This means drink plenty of water to keep the body hydrated. Water flushes out all kinds of toxins. This will improve digestion and keep the body functioning naturally which will bring about the height increase. It improves your metabolism because the faster you absorb the necessary components the faster your height will increase.
For overall health, drink at least eight glasses of water every day. Along with drinking water, eat water-based fruits and vegetables like cucumbers and watermelon.
- Try to maintain ideal body weight as obesity can have an adverse effect on your height.
- Stop smoking as it acts like a growth inhibitor.
- Avoid drinking as it suppresses your growth level.
- Avoid eating fast foods. It seems like there is no connection between growing taller and eating fast food.
Don’t Stunt your Growth
In other words don’t engage in unhealthy habits such as smoking which can stunt yor growth and steal inches from your projected height.
- Does caffeine really stunt your growth? Scientific study shows that, no, caffeine does not stunt growth.] Caffeine does, however, have a higher chance of keeping you from sleeping soundly and regularly. Kids and adolescents needs about 9-10 hours of sleep, and caffeine may hurt your ability to get that much sleep.
- Does smoking really stunt your growth? The effects of smoking and secondhand smoke on body mass index (BMI) are inconclusive. According to Columbia University’s Internet Health Resource, “Although the studies that have been done are largely inconclusive, the available research suggests that children who smoke or who are exposed to secondhand smoke are shorter than those who do not smoke or are children of nonsmokers.”
- Do steroids really stunt your growth? Absolutely. Anabolic steroids inhibit bone growth in young children and teens, along with lowering sperm count, decreasing breast size, elevating blood pressure and putting you at higher risk of heart attack. Children and teens who suffer from asthma and use inhalers that dispense small doses of the steroid budesonide are, on average, half an inch shorter than those not treated with steroids.
Foods to get you There
Proteins are the building blocks of the human body and they can help to increase height by building various new tissues. They contain amino acids that are designed specifically for growth hormones and are critical for maintaining healthy bones, muscles, tissues, organs, skin and teeth.
They also act as enzymes which guarantee proper functioning of digestion, respiration and excretion. These systems all need to be working together and efficiently to stimulate the body to reach an increased height. Therefore, carbohydrates should be substituted with foods that are rich in protein such as fish, eggs, milk and legumes.Protein is a necessary ingredient in a food to increase height. You want to increase your height naturally incorporate proteins regularly into the diet.
Minerals are considered key the increasing the height of the body. Get a healthy amount of minerals into the diet to guarantee height increased and body growth. Foods containing minerals such as magnesium, phosphorus, fluoride, iodine, iron and manganese are essential for the body to continue to grow.
Dairy products are beneficial for extended height and body growth. In addition to milk, dairy foods should also be consumed for having an increased effect on height. Dairy foods including cheese, paneer, yogurt, whipping cream and ice cream are rich in vitamins A, B, D and E. They also contain protein and calcium. Vitamin D and calcium are essential for growth.
Deficiency in vitamin D can result in low height gain. Getting adequate calcium is also important, particularly during puberty. Remember calcium helps to develop bone density and aids the bones in growing. The bones grow properly the body will reach its intended height. It may even grow beyond that point if dairy products became a part of one’s regular diet.
Fruits and Vegetables
Of course we cannot forget about fruits and vegetables in helping us to add height to our bodies naturally. They are a great source of vitamins, fiber, potassium and folates. Vitamin A helps in the development of bones and tissues. Fruits including cantaloupes, grapefruit, papaya, mango, passion fruit, watermelon and apricots are rich in vitamin A. Vitamin A is also found in vegetables like carrots, peas, pumpkin, broccoli, spinach, cabbages, sweet potato etc.Besides, citrus fruits, berries, potatoes and tomatoes also contain rich sources vitamin C which help in healthy growth of bones and contributes to the height of a person.
Chicken is one of the richest sources of protein known to man. We discussed earlier the benefits of having protein in the diet. We need to make sure we are eating plenty of chicken if we want to increased our height.
So, it seems that there are a lot of ways for you to increased your height naturally. This is even after you have reached your twenties when your full height is realized. You must also be responsible with your diet and make sure you are getting plenty of exercise. If you eat healthy, sleep right and drink plenty of water you will have a very good chance of increasing your height naturally.